For Windows 7/8/10:
- Press the Windows key + R on the keyboard. In the Run prompt, type mmsys.cpl and then click OK.
- Under the Playback tab, right-click the Creative audio device which you are using.
- Click Set as Default Device.
- For recording; under the Recording tab, right-click the Creative audio device you are using then Set as Default Device.
- Click OK.
- In some cases, your Creative device may be tagged as "Disabled" and cannot be seen from the list of Playback/Recording devices. To resolve this, you will need to right-click and choose "Show Disabled Devices" (as shown below)
- After this, right-click on your Creative playback/recording device and select "Enable". You may tick the "Set as Default Device" option after you enable your device (both screens shown below).
- You may also right click on your Creative recording/mic device and tick the "Set as Default Communications Device" if your default recording/communication device is different from your default device (image below).
- In order to ensure optimal performance from your Creative speaker set, kindly ensure that you have the correct settings. To do this, click on the "Configure" button on the lower-left portion of the panel, then select the speaker setup respectively (image shown below).